How Far From Wekweti to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Wekweti to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Wekweti and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 119 miles [191.5 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Wekweti to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,954 miles [3,144.7 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,597 miles [9,007.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,355 miles [10,227.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,552 miles [7,325.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wekweti. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wekweti) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wekweti. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Wekweti
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wekweti. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 64.1833, Longitude: -114.1833
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Wekweti to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.036 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.908 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.149 degrees.||