How Far From Wekweeti to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Wekweeti to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Wekweeti and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 564 miles [907.7 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Wekweeti to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 32 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 22 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,142 miles [3,447.2 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 84 days and walking would take 122 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,188 miles [8,349.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,940 miles [9,559.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,205 miles [6,767.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wekweeti. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wekweeti) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wekweeti. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Wekweeti
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wekweeti. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 70.6172, Longitude: -113.1519
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Wekweeti to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.547 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.915 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.172 degrees.||