Curious and Interesting Names Near Port Radium ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Port Radium, Echo Bay is located less than 2 miles<1> to the South
How Far From Port Radium to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Port Radium to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Port Radium and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 273 miles [439.4 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Port Radium to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,107 miles [3,390.9 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 83 days and walking would take 120 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,523 miles [8,888.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,276 miles [10,100.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,523 miles [7,279.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Port Radium. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Port Radium) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Port Radium. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Port Radium
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Port Radium. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 66.0859, Longitude: -118.0322
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Port Radium to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.152 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.458 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.532 degrees.||