Communities Also Named Pine Junction ...
We have found three communities that share the name Pine Junction.
Within Northwest Territories, the name Pine Junction is unique.
Beyond Northwest Territories, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Jefferson County
- This Pine Junction is located in Jefferson County and lies 1,529 miles [2,460.7 km]<1> to the south southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Junction
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Jefferson County community of Pine Junction.
- Lake County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Indiana community of Pine Junction [Lake County].
- Schuylkill County
- This Pine Junction is located in Schuylkill County and lies 2,154 miles [3,466.5 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Junction
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Schuylkill County community of Pine Junction.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Pine Junction ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch
- Birch lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Pine Junction
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch
- Buffalo River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo River
- Buffalo River lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Pine Junction
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo River
- Hay River
How Far From Pine Junction to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Pine Junction to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Pine Junction and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 131 miles [210.8 km]<1> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Pine Junction to Yellowknife, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,922 miles [3,093.2 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,838 miles [9,395.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,597 miles [10,616.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,771 miles [7,678.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Northwest Territories Community
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pine Junction) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pine Junction. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pine Junction
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pine Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.6682, Longitude: -115.7414
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Pine Junction could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Pine Junction to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.524 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.241 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.233 degrees.||