How Far From Kakisa to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kakisa to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Kakisa and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 144 miles [231.7 km]<1> to the northeast (NE). If you could drive a straight line from Kakisa to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,981 miles [3,188.1 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 78 days and walking would take 113 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,844 miles [9,405 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,602 miles [10,624.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,791 miles [7,710.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kakisa. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kakisa) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kakisa. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kakisa
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kakisa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.9333, Longitude: -117.4167
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kakisa to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.906 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.787 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.39 degrees.||