Curious and Interesting Names Near Hay River Dene 1 ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch
- Birch lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Hay River Dene 1
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch
- Buffalo River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo River
- Buffalo River lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the east of Hay River Dene 1
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo River
- Hay River
- Pine Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pine Junction came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Junction
- Pine Junction lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Hay River Dene 1
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Junction
How Far From Hay River Dene 1 to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Hay River Dene 1 to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hay River Dene 1 and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 122 miles [196.3 km]<2> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Hay River Dene 1 to Yellowknife, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,923 miles [3,094.8 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,829 miles [9,380.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,589 miles [10,604 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,763 miles [7,665.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Northwest Territories Community
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hay River Dene 1. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hay River Dene 1) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hay River Dene 1. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hay River Dene 1
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hay River Dene 1. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.7987, Longitude: -115.6943
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hay River Dene 1 to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.48 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.203 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.168 degrees.||