Welcome to Fort Smith ...
A typical abbreviation for Fort Smith: Ft. Smith
The town of Fort Smith is 670 feet [204 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Fort Smith lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Fort Smith is within the (867) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Fort Smith: X0E<2>
Communities Also Named Fort Smith ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Fort Smith - they are located in Arkansas, Georgia, Montana and Nevada.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Fort Smith.
Communities near Fort Smith ...
We have created a list of 4 communities that are near Fort Smith.
- Bell Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bell Rock
- Bell Rock lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Fort Smith.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bell Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bell Rock
- Cunningham Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cunningham Landing
- Cunningham Landing lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Fort Smith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cunningham Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fitzgerald
- Fitzgerald lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Fort Smith.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fitzgerald came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fitzgerald
- Salt River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salt River
- Salt River lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Fort Smith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salt River
TripAdvisor Tourism Page for Fort Smith ...
Looking for more information about Fort Smith? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
You can learn more by visiting the TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fort Smith.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Smith. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Fort Smith - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Fort Smith). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Fort Smith or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fort Smith) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Smith. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort SmithOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Smith. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.0057, Longitude: -111.8855 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|