Around Fort Rae ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Behchoko. It lies immediately south of Fort Rae.
The next largest community is Rae-Edzo.
It lies immediately east of Fort Rae
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Behchoko came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Behchoko
- Behchoko lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the south of Fort Rae
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Behchoko
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Behchoko<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edzo
- Edzo lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the south of Fort Rae
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edzo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rae-Edzo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rae-Edzo
- Rae-Edzo lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the east of Fort Rae
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rae-Edzo
Airports Near Fort Rae ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Fort Rae and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Fort Rae.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Northwest Territories:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Rae. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Fort Rae were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fort Rae) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Rae. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 62.8333, Longitude: -116.0500
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Fort Rae), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|