Communities Also Named Fort McPherson ...
We have found one communities that share the name Fort McPherson.
Within Northwest Territories, the name Fort McPherson is unique.
Beyond Northwest Territories, there is another community also named Fort McPherson in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Fulton County
- This Fort McPherson is located in Fulton County and lies 3,058 miles [4,921.4 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort McPherson
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Fulton County community of Fort McPherson.
How Far From Fort McPherson to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Fort McPherson to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Fort McPherson and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 686 miles [1,104 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Fort McPherson to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just about two full days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 39 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 27 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,573 miles [4,140.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 6 days, a buggy would take 101 days and walking would take 147 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,558 miles [8,944.7 km] and it lies to the north (N).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,287 miles [10,117.9 km] and it lies to the north (N).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,688 miles [7,544.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort McPherson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fort McPherson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort McPherson. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort McPherson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort McPherson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 67.4363, Longitude: -134.8808
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Fort McPherson to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 351.492 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 355.073 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 334.304 degrees.||