Curious and Interesting Names Near Fort Enterprise ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Fort Enterprise, Snare Lakes is located 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the Southwest
How Far From Fort Enterprise to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Fort Enterprise to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Fort Enterprise and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 144 miles [231.7 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Fort Enterprise to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,934 miles [3,112.5 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,565 miles [8,956 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,323 miles [10,175.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,517 miles [7,269.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Enterprise. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fort Enterprise) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Enterprise. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort Enterprise
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Enterprise. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 64.4833, Longitude: -113.1667
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Fort Enterprise to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.162 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.983 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.293 degrees.||