How Far From Fort Collinson to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Fort Collinson to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Fort Collinson and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 639 miles [1,028.4 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Fort Collinson to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 37 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 25 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,270 miles [3,653.2 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 89 days and walking would take 129 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,171 miles [8,321.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,918 miles [9,524.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,226 miles [6,801.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Collinson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fort Collinson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Collinson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort Collinson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Collinson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 71.6167, Longitude: -117.9500
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Fort Collinson to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.597 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.324 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.705 degrees.||