How Far From Deline to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Deline to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Deline and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 333 miles [535.9 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Deline to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 19 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 13 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,234 miles [3,595.3 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 88 days and walking would take 127 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,635 miles [9,068.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,382 miles [10,270.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,663 miles [7,504.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Deline. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Deline) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Deline. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Deline
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deline. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 65.1886, Longitude: -123.4272
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Deline to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 341.781 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 344.426 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.899 degrees.||