How Far From Cape Parry to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Cape Parry to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Cape Parry and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 602 miles [968.8 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Cape Parry to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 35 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 24 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,366 miles [3,807.7 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 93 days and walking would take 135 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,318 miles [8,558.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,059 miles [9,751 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,397 miles [7,076.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cape Parry. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cape Parry) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cape Parry. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cape Parry
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cape Parry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 70.1667, Longitude: -124.6667
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cape Parry to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 342.556 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 345.577 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.599 degrees.||