How Far From Canol to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Canol to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Canol and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 430 miles [692 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Canol to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 25 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 17 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,338 miles [3,762.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 92 days and walking would take 133 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,663 miles [9,113.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,405 miles [10,307.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,718 miles [7,592.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Canol. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Canol) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Canol. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Canol
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Canol. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 65.2333, Longitude: -127.0833
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Canol to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 344.887 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 347.814 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 328.686 degrees.||