Around Birch ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Hay River. It is located about 13 miles [20 km] to the northwest of Birch.
The next largest community is Hay River Dene 1.
It is located about 10 miles [ km] to the northwest of Birch
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Birch.<2>
- Buffalo River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo River
- Buffalo River lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Birch
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo River
- Hay River Dene 1
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hay River Dene 1 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay River Dene 1
- Hay River Dene 1 lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Birch
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay River Dene 1
- Hay River
- Pine Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pine Junction came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Junction
- Pine Junction lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Birch
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Junction
Curious and Interesting Names Near Birch ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Birch.
Airports Near Birch ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Birch and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Birch.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Northwest Territories:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Birch were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Birch) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Birch. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.7389, Longitude: -115.4181
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Birch), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|