Communities Also Named Bell Rock ...
We have found one communities that share the name Bell Rock.
Within Northwest Territories, the name Bell Rock is unique.
Beyond Northwest Territories, there is another community also named Bell Rock in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Middlesex County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Massachusetts community of Bell Rock [Middlesex County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bell Rock ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Bell Rock, Salt River is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the Northwest
How Far From Bell Rock to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bell Rock to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bell Rock and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 184 miles [296.1 km]<2> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Bell Rock to Yellowknife, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,790 miles [2,880.7 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,824 miles [9,372.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,587 miles [10,600.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,725 miles [7,604.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bell Rock. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bell Rock could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bell Rock) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bell Rock. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bell RockOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bell Rock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.0167, Longitude: -112.1000 |
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bell Rock to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.545 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.893 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.767 degrees.||