Communities Also Named Baillie ...
We have found one communities that share the name Baillie.
Within Northwest Territories, the name Baillie is unique.
Beyond Northwest Territories, there is another community also named Baillie in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- New Brunswick
- This Baillie lies 2,639 miles [4,247.1 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baillie
How Far From Baillie to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Baillie to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Baillie and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 669 miles [1,076.7 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Baillie to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just about two full days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 38 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 27 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,448 miles [3,939.7 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 96 days and walking would take 139 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,314 miles [8,552.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,050 miles [9,736.5 km] and it lies to the north (N).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,418 miles [7,110.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Baillie) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Baillie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 70.5500, Longitude: -128.0028
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Baillie to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 345.425 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 348.672 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 328.177 degrees.||