How Far From Anderson River to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Anderson River to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Anderson River and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Yellowknife, which is the Territorial Capital of Northwest Territories, lies 643 miles [1,034.8 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Anderson River to Yellowknife, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 37 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 26 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,454 miles [3,949.3 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 96 days and walking would take 140 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,374 miles [8,648.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,110 miles [9,833.1 km] and it lies to the north (N).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,477 miles [7,205 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Northwest Territories
About Northwest Territories
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Anderson River. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Northwest Territories: https://www.gov.nt.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Anderson River) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Anderson River. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Anderson River
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anderson River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 69.7333, Longitude: -128.9500
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Anderson River to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 346.291 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 349.557 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 329.14 degrees.||