Welcome to West Lawrencetown ...
Although we found mention of West Lawrencetown during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how West Lawrencetown was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added West Lawrencetown to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with West Lawrencetown, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for West Lawrencetown: W. Lawrencetown
Time Zone: The area where we believe that West Lawrencetown might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that West Lawrencetown would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named West Lawrencetown ...
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for West Lawrencetown.
Communities near West Lawrencetown ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near West Lawrencetown.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of West Lawrencetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Annapolis Royal
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bear River 6B
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear River 6B
- Bear River 6B lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of West Lawrencetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear River 6B came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear River 6B
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarence
- Clarence lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of West Lawrencetown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarence
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alpena
- Alpena lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southeast of West Lawrencetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alpena came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alpena
- Carleton Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carleton Corner
- Carleton Corner lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of West Lawrencetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carleton Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carleton Corner
- Clarence West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarence West
- Clarence West lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the west of West Lawrencetown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarence West
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for West Lawrencetown ...
Looking for more information about West Lawrencetown? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to West Lawrencetown, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for West Lawrencetown.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past West Lawrencetown and then turned west". While West Lawrencetown could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added West Lawrencetown as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that West Lawrencetown could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- West Lawrencetown) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for West Lawrencetown. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from West LawrencetownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in West Lawrencetown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8742, Longitude: -65.1639 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|