Welcome to Tidnish Cross Roads ...
Although we found mention of Tidnish Cross Roads during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Tidnish Cross Roads was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Tidnish Cross Roads to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Tidnish Cross Roads, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Tidnish Cross Roads: Tidnish Xrds.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Tidnish Cross Roads might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Tidnish Cross Roads would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Tidnish Cross Roads ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Tidnish Cross Roads.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville
- Sackville lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Tidnish Cross Roads
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sackville<3>
- Sackville Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville Parish
- Sackville Parish lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Tidnish Cross Roads
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Port Elgin
- Baie Verte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baie Verte
- Baie Verte lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Tidnish Cross Roads
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Baie Verte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baie Verte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Baie Verte<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bayside
- Bayside lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Tidnish Cross Roads
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayside
- Chapman Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chapman Settlement
- Chapman Settlement lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Tidnish Cross Roads
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chapman Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coburg
- Coburg lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Tidnish Cross Roads
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coburg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jolicure
- Jolicure lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Tidnish Cross Roads
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jolicure came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jolicure
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Tidnish Cross Roads ...
Looking for more information about Tidnish Cross Roads? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Tidnish Cross Roads, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Tidnish Cross Roads.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Tidnish Cross Roads and then turned west". While Tidnish Cross Roads could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Tidnish Cross Roads as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Tidnish Cross Roads could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Tidnish Cross Roads) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tidnish Cross Roads. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Tidnish Cross RoadsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tidnish Cross Roads. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.9900, Longitude: -64.0083 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|