Welcome to Chapman Settlement ...
Although we found mention of Chapman Settlement during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Chapman Settlement was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Chapman Settlement to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Chapman Settlement, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Chapman Settlement might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Chapman Settlement would be found within the (902) area code.
Adding Chapman Settlement to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Chapman Settlement: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Chapman Settlement on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Chapman Settlement ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Chapman Settlement - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Chapman Settlement.
Communities near Chapman Settlement ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Chapman Settlement.
- Port Elgin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seagrove
- Seagrove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Chapman Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seagrove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seagrove
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shinimicas
- Shinimicas lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Chapman Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shinimicas came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shinimicas
- Tidnish Cross Roads
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tidnish Cross Roads
- Tidnish Cross Roads lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Chapman Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tidnish Cross Roads came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tidnish Cross Roads
- Amherst Head
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amherst Head
- Amherst Head lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Chapman Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amherst Head
- Shinimicas Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shinimicas Bridge
- Shinimicas Bridge lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Chapman Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shinimicas Bridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shinimicas Bridge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Shinimicas Bridge<3>
- Tidnish Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tidnish Bridge
- Tidnish Bridge lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Chapman Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tidnish Bridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tidnish Bridge
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Chapman Settlement ...
Looking for more information about Chapman Settlement? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Chapman Settlement, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Chapman Settlement.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Chapman Settlement and then turned east". While Chapman Settlement could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Chapman Settlement as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Chapman Settlement could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chapman Settlement) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chapman Settlement. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Chapman Settlement
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chapman Settlement. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.9467, Longitude: -63.9317
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|