Welcome to Sheffield Mills ...
Although we found mention of Sheffield Mills during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Sheffield Mills was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Sheffield Mills to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Sheffield Mills, please Contact Us.
Sheffield Mills is located on the west coast of Nova Scotia (on the Minas Basin, at the northeast end of the Bay of Fundy).
A typical abbreviation for Sheffield Mills: Sheffield Mls. (or less commonly used: Sheffield Mlls.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Sheffield Mills might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Sheffield Mills would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Sheffield Mills: B0P<2>
Communities near Sheffield Mills ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Sheffield Mills.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolfville
- Wolfville lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Sheffield Mills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wolfville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolfville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wolfville<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aldershot
- Aldershot lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Sheffield Mills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aldershot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aldershot
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arlington
- Arlington lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Sheffield Mills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arlington
- Belcher Street
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belcher Street
- Belcher Street lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Sheffield Mills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belcher Street came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belcher Street
- Brow of the Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brow of the Mountain
- Brow of the Mountain lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Sheffield Mills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brow of the Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brow of the Mountain
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Sheffield Mills ...
Looking for more information about Sheffield Mills? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Sheffield Mills, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Sheffield Mills.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Nova Scotia Community
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Sheffield Mills and then turned west". While Sheffield Mills could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Sheffield Mills as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Sheffield Mills could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Sheffield Mills, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Sheffield Mills). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Sheffield Mills or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sheffield Mills) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sheffield Mills. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Sheffield Mills
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sheffield Mills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1508, Longitude: -64.4761
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|