Welcome to Hantsport ...
The coastal town of Hantsport is located on the west coast of Nova Scotia (on the Minas Basin, at the northeast end of the Bay of Fundy).
Hantsport is 70 feet [21 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Hantsport lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Hantsport lies within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Hantsport: B0P<2>
Adding Hantsport to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Hantsport: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hantsport on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Hantsport ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Hantsport - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hantsport.
Communities near Hantsport ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hantsport.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolfville
- Wolfville lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Hantsport
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wolfville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolfville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wolfville<4>
- New Ross 20
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Ross 20
- New Ross 20 lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southwest of Hantsport
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Ross 20 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Ross 20
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Avonport Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Avonport Station
- Avonport Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Hantsport
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avonport Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Avonport
- Avonport lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Hantsport
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avonport
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falmouth
- Falmouth lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Hantsport
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Falmouth came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falmouth
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Falmouth<4>
- Kempt Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kempt Shore
- Kempt Shore lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Hantsport
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kempt Shore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kempt Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cheverie
- Cheverie lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Hantsport
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cheverie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheverie
- Fort Edward - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Edward
- Fort Edward was located 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Hantsport
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hantsport ...
Looking for more information about Hantsport? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Hantsport, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Hantsport.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hantsport. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hantsport - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hantsport). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hantsport or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hantsport) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hantsport. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hantsport
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hantsport. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0664, Longitude: -64.1797
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|