Welcome to Scots Bay ...
Although we found mention of Scots Bay during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Scots Bay was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Scots Bay to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Scots Bay, please Contact Us.
Scots Bay is located on the west coast of Nova Scotia (on the Bay of Funday, at the Minas Channel).
Scots Bay is 50 feet [15 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Scots Bay might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Scots Bay would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Scots Bay: B0P<3>
Communities near Scots Bay ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Scots Bay.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolfville
- Wolfville lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Scots Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wolfville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolfville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wolfville<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lower Blomidon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lower Blomidon
- Lower Blomidon lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Scots Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lower Blomidon
- Ross Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ross Creek
- Ross Creek lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Scots Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ross Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ross Creek
- West Bay
- Bennett Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bennett Bay
- Bennett Bay lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Scots Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bennett Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blomidon
- Blomidon lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Scots Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blomidon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blomidon
- Scots Bay Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scots Bay Road
- Scots Bay Road lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Scots Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Scots Bay Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scots Bay Road
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Scots Bay ...
Looking for more information about Scots Bay? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Scots Bay, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Scots Bay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Scots Bay and then turned west". While Scots Bay could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Scots Bay as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Scots Bay could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Scots Bay - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Scots Bay, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Scots Bay). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Scots Bay or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Scots Bay) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Scots Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Scots Bay
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Scots Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3000, Longitude: -64.4000
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|