Welcome to Port Williams ...
The coastal village of Port Williams is located on the west coast of Nova Scotia (on the Minas Basin, at the northeast end of the Bay of Fundy).
A typical abbreviation for Port Williams: Prt. Williams
Port Williams is 130 feet [40 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Port Williams lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Port Williams lies within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Port Williams: B0P<2>
Communities Also Named Port Williams ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Port Williams - they are located in Kansas and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Port Williams.
Communities near Port Williams ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Port Williams.
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- New Ross 20
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Ross 20
- New Ross 20 lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Port Williams
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Ross 20 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Ross 20
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aldershot
- Aldershot lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Port Williams
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aldershot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aldershot
- Forest Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest Hill
- Forest Hill lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Port Williams
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Hill
- Gaspereau Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gaspereau Mountain
- Gaspereau Mountain lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Port Williams
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gaspereau Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gaspereau Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highbury
- Highbury lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Port Williams
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highbury
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Port Williams ...
Looking for more information about Port Williams? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Port Williams, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Port Williams.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Nova Scotia Community
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Port Williams. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Port Williams - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Port Williams, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Port Williams). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Port Williams or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Port Williams) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Port Williams. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Port Williams
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Port Williams. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0972, Longitude: -64.4104
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|