Welcome to Garland ...
Although we found mention of Garland during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Garland was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Garland to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Garland, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Garland might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Garland would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Garland: B0P<2>
Communities Also Named Garland ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 32 communities that are also named Garland - they are located in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia (2), Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Manitoba, Maryland (2), Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee (3), Texas (2), Utah, Washington, West Virginia (2) and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Garland.
Communities near Garland ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Garland.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Garland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolfville
- Wolfville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Garland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wolfville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolfville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wolfville<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Aylesford Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aylesford Mountain
- Aylesford Mountain lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Garland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aylesford Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aylesford Mountain
- Berwick West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berwick West
- Berwick West lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Garland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwick West
- Canada Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canada Creek
- Canada Creek lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Garland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Canada Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canada Creek
- Cornwallis Square
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cornwallis Square
- Cornwallis Square lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Garland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cornwallis Square
- East Berwick
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Berwick
- East Berwick lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Garland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Berwick came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Berwick
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Garland ...
Looking for more information about Garland? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Garland, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Garland.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Garland and then turned east". While Garland could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Garland as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Garland could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Garland, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Garland). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Garland or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Garland) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Garland. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Garland
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Garland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0997, Longitude: -64.7650
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|