Our Genealogy Helper for Crouses Settlement ...
Although we found mention of Crouses Settlement during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Crouses Settlement was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Crouses Settlement (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Crouses Settlement. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Crouses Settlement:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near Crouses Settlement ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Crouses Settlement.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Crouses Settlement covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Middle LaHave Cemetery
- First South Cemetery
- Dayspring Community Cemetery
- Brookside Cemetery
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- Seaside Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Christ Church Anglican Cemetery
- Brookside Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery, Bridgewater
- Hebbville Cemetery
- Blockhouse Cemetery
- Bayview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bayview Cemetery
- The Bayview Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Mahone Bay.To be precise, Bayview Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Crouses Settlement.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayview Cemetery
- Pine Grove Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pine Grove Cemetery
- Pine Grove Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Crouses Settlement.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Grove Cemetery
- Garden of Rest Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Garden of Rest Cemetery
- Garden of Rest Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Crouses Settlement.
- Garden of Rest Cemetery has also been known as:
- Garden of Rest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden of Rest Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2353588<2>
- St. Michael's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michael's Cemetery
- St. Michael's Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Crouses Settlement.
- St. Michael's Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Michael's Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michael's Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2365364<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Crouses Settlement. See our List of 1890's Communities around Crouses Settlement.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Crouses Settlement and then turned east". While Crouses Settlement could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Crouses Settlement as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Crouses Settlement could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Nova Scotia community named Crouses Settlement.
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Crouses Settlement) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crouses Settlement. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3453, Longitude: -64.4067