Welcome to Chignecto ...
Although we found mention of Chignecto during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Chignecto was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Chignecto to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Chignecto, please Contact Us.
Chignecto is 90 feet [27 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Chignecto might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Chignecto would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Chignecto: B0L<3>
Communities near Chignecto ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Chignecto.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville
- Sackville lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Chignecto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sackville<5>
- Sackville Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville Parish
- Sackville Parish lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Chignecto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorchester
- Dorchester lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Chignecto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dorchester came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorchester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dorchester<5>
- Amherst Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amherst Point
- Amherst Point lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Chignecto
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amherst Point
- Lower Maccan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lower Maccan
- Lower Maccan lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Chignecto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lower Maccan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lower Maccan
- Upper Nappan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Nappan
- Upper Nappan lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Chignecto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Upper Nappan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Nappan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brookdale
- Brookdale lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Chignecto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brookdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookdale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Chignecto ...
Looking for more information about Chignecto? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Chignecto, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Chignecto.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Chignecto and then turned west". While Chignecto could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Chignecto as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Chignecto could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Chignecto - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Chignecto, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Chignecto). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Chignecto or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chignecto) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chignecto. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Chignecto
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chignecto. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7333, Longitude: -64.2167
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|