Welcome to Athol ...
Athol is near sea level<1>.
Time Zone: Athol lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Athol lies within the (902) area code.
Adding Athol to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Athol: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Athol on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Athol ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 17 communities that are also named Athol - they are located in Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri (2), New York, Nova Scotia, Ontario (2), Pennsylvania, South Dakota and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Athol.
Communities near Athol ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Athol.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville
- Sackville lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Athol
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sackville<3>
- Sackville Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville Parish
- Sackville Parish lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Athol
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- East Southampton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Southampton
- East Southampton lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Athol
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Southampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Southampton
- Harrison Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrison Road
- Harrison Road lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Athol
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harrison Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrison Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jubilee
- Jubilee lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Athol
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Jubilee. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jubilee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fenwick
- Fenwick lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Athol
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fenwick came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fenwick
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Athol ...
Looking for more information about Athol? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Athol, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Athol.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Athol. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Athol - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Athol) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Athol. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Athol
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Athol. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6758, Longitude: -64.2158
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|