Welcome to Cameron Lake ...
Although we found mention of Cameron Lake during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cameron Lake was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cameron Lake to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cameron Lake, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Cameron Lake: Cameron Lk.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cameron Lake might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Cameron Lake would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Cameron Lake ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Cameron Lake - it's located in British Columbia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cameron Lake.
Communities near Cameron Lake ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cameron Lake.
- Stillwater Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stillwater Lake
- Stillwater Lake lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Cameron Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stillwater Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ashdale
- Ashdale lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Cameron Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ashdale
- Mount Uniacke
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Uniacke
- Mount Uniacke lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Cameron Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mount Uniacke came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Uniacke
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mount Uniacke<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brooklyn
- Brooklyn lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Cameron Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brooklyn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ellershouse
- Ellershouse lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Cameron Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ellershouse came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellershouse
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ellershouse<3>
- South Rawdon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Rawdon
- South Rawdon lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Cameron Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Rawdon
- Newport Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newport Station
- Newport Station lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Cameron Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Newport Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newport Station
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cameron Lake ...
Looking for more information about Cameron Lake? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cameron Lake, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cameron Lake.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Cameron Lake and then turned east". While Cameron Lake could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cameron Lake as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cameron Lake could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cameron Lake) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cameron Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9378, Longitude: -63.9161
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|