Our Genealogy Helper for Barton ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Barton (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Barton. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Barton:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near Barton ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Barton.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Barton covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Mary's Bay Baptist Cemetery
- Barton Baptist Cemetery
- Brighton Anglican Cemetery
- Plympton Cemetery
- All Saints Anglican Church Cemetery
- Rossway Baptist Church Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Seawall Cemetery
- Waterford Cemetery
- Doucetteville Cemetery
- Hillgrove United Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hillgrove United Baptist Church Cemetery
- Hillgrove United Baptist Church Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Barton.
- Hillgrove United Baptist Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Hill Grove United Baptist Church Cemetery
- Hillgrove Baptist Cemetery
- Hillgrove United Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillgrove United Baptist Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2451239<1>
- Ashmore United Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ashmore United Baptist Church Cemetery
- The Ashmore United Baptist Church Cemetery is located between<3> the communities of Ashmore and Weymouth North. The cemetery lies less than 2 miles<2> to the southwest of Ashmore.Stated another way, Ashmore United Baptist Church Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km] to the southwest of Barton.
- Ashmore United Baptist Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ashmore Baptist Church Cemetery
- Ashmore United Baptist Cemetery
- Bethel Heartz Memorial Cemetery
- Bethel United Baptist Church Cemetery
- United Old Methodist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ashmore United Baptist Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2501663<1>
- Forest Hill Anglican Cemetery
- Woodlawn Baptist Cemetery
- St. Patrick's Anglican Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fairview Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Barton.
- Fairview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fairview United Cemetery
- Grace United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2221030<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Barton. See our List of 1890's Communities around Barton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Nova Scotia Community
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Barton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Barton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Barton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Barton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5379, Longitude: -65.8725
|<3>||To help visualize the location of the cemetery, we've drawn a straight line between the communities of Ashmore and Weymouth North. The cemetery can be found near that line and roughly halfway between the two communities. Remember that this is just an approximate location.|