Welcome to Aylesford Mountain ...
Although we found mention of Aylesford Mountain during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Aylesford Mountain was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Aylesford Mountain to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Aylesford Mountain, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Aylesford Mountain: Aylesford Mtn. (or less commonly used: Aylesford Mntn.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Aylesford Mountain might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Aylesford Mountain would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Aylesford Mountain: B0P<2>
Communities near Aylesford Mountain ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aylesford Mountain.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Aylesford Mountain
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- East Kingston
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Kingston
- East Kingston lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Aylesford Mountain
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Kingston came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Kingston
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garland
- Garland lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Aylesford Mountain
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ogilvie
- Ogilvie lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Aylesford Mountain
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ogilvie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ogilvie
- Berwick North
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berwick North
- Berwick North lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Aylesford Mountain
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Berwick North came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwick North
- Berwick West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berwick West
- Berwick West lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Aylesford Mountain
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwick West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Factorydale
- Factorydale lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Aylesford Mountain
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Factorydale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Factorydale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aylesford Mountain ...
Looking for more information about Aylesford Mountain? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aylesford Mountain, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aylesford Mountain.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Aylesford Mountain and then turned west". While Aylesford Mountain could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aylesford Mountain as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aylesford Mountain could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Aylesford Mountain, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Aylesford Mountain). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Aylesford Mountain or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aylesford Mountain) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aylesford Mountain. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Aylesford Mountain
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aylesford Mountain. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0669, Longitude: -64.8547
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|