Welcome to Auburndale ...
Although we found mention of Auburndale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Auburndale was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Auburndale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Auburndale, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Auburndale might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Auburndale would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Auburndale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Auburndale - they are located in Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Auburndale.
Communities near Auburndale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Auburndale.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridgewater
- Bridgewater lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Auburndale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bridgewater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridgewater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bridgewater<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lunenburg
- Lunenburg lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Auburndale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lunenburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lunenburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lunenburg<4>
- Mahone Bay
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Gold River 21
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gold River 21
- Gold River 21 lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Auburndale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gold River 21 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gold River 21
- Baker Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baker Settlement
- Baker Settlement lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Auburndale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Baker Settlement came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baker Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hebbville
- Hebbville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Auburndale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hebbville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northfield
- Northfield lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Auburndale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dayspring
- Dayspring lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Auburndale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dayspring
- Maitland Forks
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maitland Forks
- Maitland Forks lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Auburndale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maitland Forks
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Auburndale ...
Looking for more information about Auburndale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Auburndale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Auburndale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Auburndale and then turned west". While Auburndale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Auburndale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Auburndale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Auburndale) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Auburndale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4050, Longitude: -64.5936 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|