When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Athol Road.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Athol Road. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Athol Road.
Large Airports ...
- Robert L. Stanfield Intl. (YHZ/CYHZ)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greater Moncton Intl. (YQM/CYQM)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YQM ICAO: CYQM
- Greater Moncton International Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Athol Road.
- Official website: cyqm.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Moncton International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- St. John Airport (YSJ/CYSJ)
- Fredericton Intl. (YFC/CYFC)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Debert Airport (FAA ID: CCQ3)
- Debert Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Athol Road.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Debert Airport
- Fox Harbour Airport (FAA ID: CFH4)
- Fox Harbour Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Athol Road.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Harbour Airport
- Apple River Airport (FAA ID: CCA7)
- Apple River Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Athol Road.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Apple River Airport
- Stanley Airport (FAA ID: CCW4)
- Stanley Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Athol Road.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stanley Airport
- Waterville / Kings County Muni. (FAA ID: CCW3)
- Waterville / Kings County Municipal Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Athol Road.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waterville / Kings County Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Athol Road. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Athol Road), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Athol Road) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Athol Road. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Athol Road
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Athol Road. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6357, Longitude: -64.0766