Welcome to Arlington West ...
Although we found mention of Arlington West during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Arlington West was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Arlington West to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arlington West, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Arlington West might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Arlington West would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Arlington West ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arlington West.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Arlington West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Annapolis Royal
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bear River 6B
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear River 6B came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear River 6B
- Bear River 6B lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Arlington West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear River 6B
- Clarence East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarence East
- Clarence East lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Arlington West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarence East
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hampton
- Hampton lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Arlington West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hampton
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Outram. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Outram
- Outram lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Arlington West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Outram
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise
- Paradise lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Arlington West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise
- West Paradise
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Paradise
- West Paradise lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Arlington West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Paradise
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Arlington West ...
Looking for more information about Arlington West? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Arlington West, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Arlington West.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Arlington West and then turned west". While Arlington West could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Arlington West as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Arlington West could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Arlington West) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arlington West. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9106, Longitude: -65.2789
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|