Welcome to Allison Lake ...
Although we found mention of Allison Lake during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Allison Lake was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Allison Lake to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Allison Lake, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Allison Lake: Allison Lk.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Allison Lake might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Allison Lake would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Allison Lake ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Allison Lake - they are located in British Columbia and Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Allison Lake.
Communities near Allison Lake ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Allison Lake.
- Annapolis Royal
- Bear River 6
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear River 6
- Bear River 6 lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Allison Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear River 6 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear River 6
- Bear River 6B
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear River 6B
- Bear River 6B lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Allison Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear River 6B came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear River 6B
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Long Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Long Lake
- Long Lake lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Allison Lake
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Long Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Long Lake
- South Milford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Milford
- South Milford lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the west of Allison Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Milford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Milford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for South Milford<3>
- Maitland Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maitland Bridge
- Maitland Bridge lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Allison Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maitland Bridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maitland Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northfield
- Northfield lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Allison Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Perotte
- Perotte lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Allison Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Perotte
- West Dalhousie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Dalhousie
- West Dalhousie lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Allison Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Dalhousie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Dalhousie
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Allison Lake ...
Looking for more information about Allison Lake? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Allison Lake, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Allison Lake.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Allison Lake and then turned east". While Allison Lake could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Allison Lake as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Allison Lake could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Allison Lake) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allison Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5719, Longitude: -65.2683 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|