Our Genealogy Helper for Aldersville ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Aldersville (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Aldersville. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Aldersville:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near Aldersville ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Aldersville.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Aldersville covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Blue Mtn. Cemetery
- Black River Cemetery
- Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery
- Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Aldersville.
- Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cambridge Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cambridge Baptist Church Cemetery
- Morristown Cemetery (Old)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Morristown Cemetery (Old)
- Morristown Cemetery (Old) lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Aldersville.
- Morristown Cemetery (Old) has also been known as:
- Old Morristown Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morristown Cemetery (Old)
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2250687<2>
- Morristown Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Morristown Cemetery
- Morristown Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Aldersville.
- Morristown Cemetery has also been known as:
- Morristown Baptist Cemetery
- Morristown Baptist Church Cemetery
- Morristown Cemetery (New)
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morristown Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2419532<2>
- Holy Cross Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Bishopville Cemetery
- Gaspereau Cemetery
- Elm Grove Cemetery
- Falkland Ridge Baptist Church Cemetery
- Barss Corner Baptist Cemetery
- Barss Corner Community Cemetery
- Rand Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rand Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Rand Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Rand Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Aldersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rand Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2520197<2>
- Willowbank Cemetery
- Berwick Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Berwick Cemetery
- The Berwick Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Berwick.To be more accurate, Berwick Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Aldersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwick Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2212236<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Aldersville. See our List of 1890's Communities around Aldersville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aldersville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Aldersville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aldersville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Aldersville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aldersville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8177, Longitude: -64.5027
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|