Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Newton.
Our newspaper information for Newton is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 6 papers that were published in the immediate area of Newton. In addition, the list contains another 51 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Newton. In total, we've identified 57 papers within 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> of Newton.
Newspapers Published In Newton ...
We know of 6 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Newton:
- The Catawba County News (from 1903)
- The Catawba News-Enterprise (from 1919)
- The Newton Enterprise (from 1879)
- The Newton Observer (from 19??)
- The Observer And News-Enterprise (from 1954)
- The Observer-news-Enterprise (from 1955)
Newspapers Neighboring Newton ...
The following newspapers were published within 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> of Newton.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Newton.
- Published In Maiden [Catawba County] ...
- The Maiden Times (from 1968)
- Published In Hickory [Catawba County] ...
- Catawba Valley Citizen (from 2009)
- Daily Press (from 1876)
- Hickory Daily Record (from 1915)
- Hickory Democrat And Press (from 1905)
- Hickory Democrat (from 1907)
- Hickory Mercury (from 1891)
- Piedmont Press (from 1871)
- The Hickory Press (from 1896)
- The Hickory Times (from 1896)
- The Press And Carolinian (from 1887)
- The Times - Mercury (from 1898)
- Western Carolinian (from 1878)
- Published In Catawba [Catawba County] ...
- The Catawba Mercury (from 1881)
- Published In Lincolnton [Lincoln County] ...
- Lincoln Press (from 1883)
- Lincoln Progress (from 1873)
- Lincoln Times-News (from 1965)
- Lincoln Transcript (from 1836)
- The Carolina Republican (from 1848)
- The Colored Industrial (from 189?)
- The Constitution (from 1879)
- The Lincoln County News (from 1907)
- The Lincoln County Times (from 1907)
- The Lincoln Courier (from 1883)
- The Lincoln Courier (from 1867)
- The Lincoln Courier (from 1844)
- The Lincoln Democrat (from 1895)
- The Lincoln Journal (from 1897)
- The Lincoln Post (from 1970)
- The Lincoln Republican (from 1837)
- The Lincoln Times (from 190?)
- The Lincolnton News (from 1878)
- The Trumpet (from 1886)
- The Weekly Review (from 1937)
- The Western Whig Banner (from 1839)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Published In Rhodhiss [Burke County] ...
- Southern Weekly (from 1902)
- Published In Denver [Lincoln County] ...
- Lake Norman Times (from 1993)
- Published In Granite Falls [Caldwell County] ...
- Caldwell Informer (from 198?)
- Granite Falls Press (from 1952)
- The Granite Booster (from 1910)
- The Granite Booster (from 1922)
- Published In Taylorsville [Alexander County] ...
- The Alexander County Journal (from 1886)
- The Mountain Scout (from 1902)
- The Taylorsville Index (from 1890)
- The Taylorsville News (from 1895)
- The Taylorsville Times And Mountain Scout (from 19??)
- The Taylorsville Times (from 1933)
- Published In Barium Springs [Iredell County] ...
- Barium Messenger (from 1923)
- Our Fatherless Ones (from 18??)
- Published In Hudson [Caldwell County] ...
- Caldwell Courier (from 1971)
- The Caldwell News (from 1985)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in North Carolina
About Catawba County
About North Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
The official website for Newton: www.ci.newton.nc.us/
The official website for Catawba County: www.co.catawba.nc.us/
The official website for State of North Carolina: https://www.nc.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Newton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Newton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NewtonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Newton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.6648, Longitude: -81.2310 In this case, the coordinates for Newton have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|