Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Granite Falls.
Our newspaper information for Granite Falls is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 4 papers that were published in the immediate area of Granite Falls. In addition, the list contains another 52 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Granite Falls. In total, we've identified 56 papers within 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> of Granite Falls.
Newspapers Published In Granite Falls ...
We know of 4 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Granite Falls:
- Caldwell Informer (from 198?)
- Granite Falls Press (from 1952)
- The Granite Booster (from 1910)
- The Granite Booster (from 1922)
Newspapers Neighboring Granite Falls ...
The following newspapers were published within 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> of Granite Falls.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Granite Falls.
- Published In Rhodhiss [Burke County] ...
- Southern Weekly (from 1902)
- Published In Hudson [Caldwell County] ...
- Caldwell Courier (from 1971)
- The Caldwell News (from 1985)
- Published In Hickory [Catawba County] ...
- Catawba Valley Citizen (from 2009)
- Daily Press (from 1876)
- Hickory Daily Record (from 1915)
- Hickory Democrat And Press (from 1905)
- Hickory Democrat (from 1907)
- Hickory Mercury (from 1891)
- Piedmont Press (from 1871)
- The Hickory Press (from 1896)
- The Hickory Times (from 1896)
- The Press And Carolinian (from 1887)
- The Times - Mercury (from 1898)
- Western Carolinian (from 1878)
- Published In Valdese [Burke County] ...
- The Enterprise (from 1922)
- The Valdese News (from 1938)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Published In Lenoir [Caldwell County] ...
- Caldwell County Weekly Photo-News (from 1938)
- Lenoir News-Topic (from 1919)
- The Hypodermic (from 1941)
- The Lenoir News, And The Lenoir Topic (from 1919)
- The Lenoir News (from 1906)
- The Lenoir Topic (from 1876)
- The Lenoir Topic (from 1882)
- The Lenoir Weekly News (from 1905)
- The Semi-Weekly News (from 1898)
- The Topic (from 1877)
- The Weekly News (from 1900)
- Published In Newton [Catawba County] ...
- The Catawba County News (from 1903)
- The Catawba News-Enterprise (from 1919)
- The Newton Enterprise (from 1879)
- The Newton Observer (from 19??)
- The Observer And News-Enterprise (from 1954)
- The Observer-news-Enterprise (from 1955)
- Published In Morganton [Burke County] ...
- Burke County Times (from 1917)
- The Blue Ridge Blade (from 1876)
- The Burke County News (from 1899)
- The Burke Free Press (from 193?)
- The Carolina Mountaineer (from 1883)
- The Farmer's Friend (from 1897)
- The Independent Press (from 186?)
- The Independent (from 1904)
- The Morganton Herald (from 1889)
- The Morganton Star (from 1885)
- The Mountaineer (from 18??)
- The News-Herald (from 1901)
- Published In Taylorsville [Alexander County] ...
- The Alexander County Journal (from 1886)
- The Mountain Scout (from 1902)
- The Taylorsville Index (from 1890)
- The Taylorsville News (from 1895)
- The Taylorsville Times And Mountain Scout (from 19??)
- The Taylorsville Times (from 1933)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in North Carolina
About Caldwell County
About North Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
The official website for Granite Falls: www.granitefallsnc.com/
The official website for Caldwell County: www.co.caldwell.nc.us/
The official website for State of North Carolina: https://www.nc.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Granite Falls) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Granite Falls. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Granite FallsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Granite Falls. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.7968, Longitude: -81.4237 In this case, the coordinates for Granite Falls have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|