Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Gold Point.
Our newspaper information for Gold Point is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Gold Point. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Gold Point. Our list contains 66 papers that were published within 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> of Gold Point.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Gold Point.
Newspapers Neighboring Gold Point ...
The following newspapers were published within 20 miles [32.2 km] of Gold Point.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Gold Point.
- Published In Robersonville [Martin County] ...
- The Weekly Herald (from 191?)
- Published In Bethel [Pitt County] ...
- Southern Voice (from 18??)
- The Bethel Post (from 1951)
- Published In Williamston [Martin County] ...
- Democratic Banner (from 1856)
- The Enterprise (from 1899)
- The Martin County Times (from 1882)
- Williamston Expositor (from 1866)
- Williamston Mercury (from 1859)
- Published In Tarboro [Edgecombe County] ...
- We know of 35 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Tarboro. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Tarboro
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> of Gold Point. This extended list includes all the papers from Tarboro. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Gold Point
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Published In Windsor [Bertie County] ...
- Bertie County Ledger (from 1929)
- Bertie Ledger-Advance (from 1930)
- Ledger-Advance (from 1926)
- The Albemarle Times (from 1874)
- The Orient (from 1896)
- The first year of publication was in 1896, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 25416435
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Orient
- Holdings for: LCCN SN92073958
- The Windsor Herald, And Bertie County Register (from 183?)
- The Windsor Ledger (from 1928)
- Windsor Ledger (from 1889)
- Windsor Public Ledger (from 1886)
- Published In Greenville [Pitt County] ...
- Daily Reflector (from 1894)
- Greenville Daily News (from 1917)
- Greenville News-Leader (from 192?)
- Greenville News (from 1920)
- King's Dollar Daily (from 1904)
- King's Weekly (from 1895)
- King's Weekly (from 1905)
- The 'M' Voice (from 1987)
- The Carolina Home And Farm And The Eastern Reflector (from 1910)
- The Democratic Standard (from 1884)
- The Express (from 1877)
- The Greenville Express (from 187?)
- The Greenville Index (from 1894)
- The Reflector (from 1882)
- The Tar River Beacon (from 1876)
- Published In Scotland Neck [Halifax County] ...
- Commonwealth Progress (from 1995)
- Halifax County This Week (from 1976)
- Scotland Neck Commonwealth (from 1929)
- Scotland Neck News And The Commonwealth (from 1929)
- The Commonwealth (from 1882)
- The Commonwealth (from 1896)
- The Democrat (from 1884)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in North Carolina
About Martin County
About North Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Gold Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Martin County: www.martincountyncgov.com
The official website for State of North Carolina: https://www.nc.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Gold Point) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gold Point. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gold PointOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gold Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.8703, Longitude: -77.2425 |