Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Gloucester.
Our newspaper information for Gloucester is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Gloucester. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Gloucester. Our list contains 124 papers that were published within 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> of Gloucester.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Gloucester.
Note: The Extended Newspaper Page is quite large and may take extra time to load.
Newspapers Neighboring Gloucester ...
The following newspapers were published within 39 miles [62.8 km] of Gloucester.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Gloucester.
- Published In Beaufort [Carteret County] ...
- Beaufort Halcyon (from 185?)
- Beaufort Journal (from 1857)
- Carteret County Telephone (from 1881)
- Look Out (from 190?)
- Years of publication: 190? to 19??
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 25738372
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Look Out
- Holdings for: LCCN SN92073037
- The Beaufort Bulletin (from 1901)
- The Beaufort Eagle (from 1876)
- The Beaufort Journal (from 1949)
- The Beaufort News (from 1912)
- The Eastern Weekly (from 1980)
- The Halcyon And Beaufort Intelligencer (from 1854)
- The Herald (from 1893)
- The first year of publication was in 1893, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 23865022
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Herald
- Holdings for: LCCN SN91068212
- The Old North State (from 1864)
- The Weekly Record (from 1886)
- Published In Morehead City [Carteret County] ...
- Carteret County Herald (from 19??)
- Morehead City Weekly News (from 1892)
- The Coaster (from 190?)
- The Downeaster (from 1975)
- The Twin City Times (from 1947)
- The Twin-City Daily Times (from 19??)
- Published In Havelock [Craven County] ...
- The Havelock Progress (from 19??)
- The Havelock Times (from 1995)
- Published In Stonewall [Pamlico County] ...
- The Pamlico Enterprise (from 1882)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Published In Bayboro [Pamlico County] ...
- Pamlico Enterprise (from 1900)
- The Bayboro Sentinel (from 190?)
- The Pamlico County News (from 196?)
- Published In Vandemere [Pamlico County] ...
- The Pamlico Herald (from 1895)
- Published In Swansboro [Onslow County] ...
- The White Oak Scene (from 1963)
- Tideland News (from 1979)
- Published In New Bern [Craven County] ...
- We know of 124 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of New Bern. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for New Bern
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> of Gloucester. This extended list includes all the papers from New Bern. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Gloucester.
Note: The Extended Newspaper Page is quite large and may take extra time to load
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for North Carolina
About Carteret County
About North Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Gloucester. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Carteret County: www.co.carteret.nc.us/
The official website for State of North Carolina: https://www.nc.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gloucester) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gloucester. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GloucesterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gloucester. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.7263, Longitude: -76.5410 In this case, the coordinates for Gloucester have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|