Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Glen Alpine.
Our newspaper information for Glen Alpine is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Glen Alpine. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Glen Alpine. Our list contains 45 papers that were published within 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> of Glen Alpine.
Newspapers Neighboring Glen Alpine ...
The following newspapers were published within 20 miles [32.2 km] of Glen Alpine.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Glen Alpine.
- Published In Morganton [Burke County] ...
- Burke County Times (from 1917)
- The Blue Ridge Blade (from 1876)
- The Burke County News (from 1899)
- The Burke Free Press (from 193?)
- The Carolina Mountaineer (from 1883)
- The Farmer's Friend (from 1897)
- The Independent Press (from 186?)
- The Independent (from 1904)
- The Morganton Herald (from 1889)
- The Morganton Star (from 1885)
- The Mountaineer (from 18??)
- The News-Herald (from 1901)
- Published In Valdese [Burke County] ...
- The Enterprise (from 1922)
- The Valdese News (from 1938)
- Published In Marion [McDowell County] ...
- Marion Progress (from 1909)
- Marion Record (from 18??)
- McDowell Democrat (from 1896)
- Mountain Mercury (from 1863)
- The Express (from 19??)
- The Lamp Post (from 188?)
- The McDowell News (from 1923)
- The Messenger (from 1896)
- The first year of publication was in 1896, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 24624099
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Messenger
- Holdings for: LCCN SN91068692
- The Western Enterprise (from 1862)
- Published In Hudson [Caldwell County] ...
- Caldwell Courier (from 1971)
- The Caldwell News (from 1985)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Published In Lenoir [Caldwell County] ...
- Caldwell County Weekly Photo-News (from 1938)
- Lenoir News-Topic (from 1919)
- The Hypodermic (from 1941)
- The Lenoir News, And The Lenoir Topic (from 1919)
- The Lenoir News (from 1906)
- The Lenoir Topic (from 1876)
- The Lenoir Topic (from 1882)
- The Lenoir Weekly News (from 1905)
- The Semi-Weekly News (from 1898)
- The Topic (from 1877)
- The Weekly News (from 1900)
- Published In Rhodhiss [Burke County] ...
- Southern Weekly (from 1902)
- Published In Granite Falls [Caldwell County] ...
- Caldwell Informer (from 198?)
- Granite Falls Press (from 1952)
- The Granite Booster (from 1910)
- The Granite Booster (from 1922)
- Published In Spruce Pine [Mitchell County] ...
- The Mitchell Journal (from 1978)
- The Spruce Pine News (from 192?)
- Tri-County News-Journal (from 1985)
- Tri-County News-Mitchell Journal (from 1981)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for North Carolina
About Burke County
About North Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Glen Alpine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Burke County: www.co.burke.nc.us/
The official website for State of North Carolina: https://www.nc.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Glen Alpine) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Glen Alpine. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Glen AlpineOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Glen Alpine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.7299, Longitude: -81.7831 In this case, the coordinates for Glen Alpine have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|