Welcome to Midway ...
Although we found mention of Midway during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Midway was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Midway to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Midway, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Midway might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Midway would be found within the (506) area code.
Communities Also Named Midway ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 263 communities that are also named Midway - they are located in Alabama (14), Arizona (2), Arkansas (16), British Columbia, California (4), Colorado (7), Connecticut, Delaware, Florida (4), Georgia (12), Idaho (3), Illinois (8), Indiana (5), Iowa (5), Kansas (11), Kentucky (6), Louisiana (6), Maine, Michigan (3), Minnesota (3), Mississippi (7), Missouri (9), Montana (3), Nebraska (3), Nevada (2), New Mexico (5), New York (2), North Carolina (11), North Dakota, Ohio (9), Oklahoma (6), Oregon (5), Pennsylvania (5), South Carolina (8), South Dakota (3), Tennessee (21), Texas (28), Utah, Virginia (10), Washington (3), West Virginia (6) and Wisconsin (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Midway.
Communities near Midway ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Midway.
- Hillsborough Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillsborough Parish
- Hillsborough Parish lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the north of Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillsborough Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillsborough Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorchester
- Dorchester lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dorchester came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorchester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dorchester<4>
- Elgin Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elgin Parish
- Elgin Parish lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northwest of Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elgin Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elgin Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Alma Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alma Parish
- Alma Parish lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alma Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alma Parish
- Cape Enrage
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cape Enrage
- Cape Enrage lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cape Enrage came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cape Enrage
- Harvey Bank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harvey Bank
- Harvey Bank lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Midway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harvey Bank
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Midway ...
Looking for more information about Midway? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Midway, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Midway.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in New Brunswick
About New Brunswick
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of New Brunswick: https://www.gnb.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Midway and then turned east". While Midway could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Midway as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Midway could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Midway) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Midway. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MidwayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Midway. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6833, Longitude: -64.7667 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|