Welcome to Hicksville ...
Although we found mention of Hicksville during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hicksville was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hicksville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hicksville, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hicksville might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Hicksville would be found within the (506) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Hicksville: E4Z<2>
Communities Also Named Hicksville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 14 communities that are also named Hicksville - they are located in Arkansas (2), California, Kentucky (2), Massachusetts, New Brunswick, New York (2), North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hicksville.
Communities near Hicksville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hicksville.
- Salisbury Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salisbury Parish
- Salisbury Parish lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the east of Hicksville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salisbury Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salisbury Parish
- Elgin Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elgin Parish
- Elgin Parish lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Hicksville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elgin Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elgin Parish
- Dobsons Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dobsons Corner
- Dobsons Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Hicksville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dobsons Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dobsons Corner
- Fawcett Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fawcett Hill
- Fawcett Hill lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Hicksville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fawcett Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harewood
- Harewood lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Hicksville.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Harewood. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harewood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Knightville
- Knightville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Hicksville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Knightville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Knightville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mannhurst
- Mannhurst lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Hicksville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mannhurst came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mannhurst
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Intervale
- Intervale lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Hicksville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Intervale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Intervale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hicksville ...
Looking for more information about Hicksville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hicksville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hicksville.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of New Brunswick: https://www.gnb.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Hicksville and then turned east". While Hicksville could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hicksville as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hicksville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Hicksville, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hicksville). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hicksville or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hicksville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hicksville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HicksvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hicksville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0167, Longitude: -65.3000 |
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|