Welcome to Ashland ...
Although we found mention of Ashland during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Ashland was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Ashland to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ashland, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Ashland might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Note: If you travel west from Ashland (for example, toward Monticello (ME)), you will leave Atlantic Time and cross into the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT).
We believe that Ashland would be found within the (506) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Ashland: E7P<2>
Communities Also Named Ashland ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 57 communities that are also named Ashland - they are located in Alabama (2), California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia (3), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (5), Kentucky, Louisiana (4), Maine, Maryland (2), Massachusetts, Michigan (2), Mississippi (4), Missouri (2), Montana, Nebraska, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York (2), North Carolina (3), Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), Rhode Island, South Carolina (2), Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ashland.
Communities near Ashland ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ashland.
- Wakefield Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wakefield Parish
- Wakefield Parish lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Ashland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wakefield Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wakefield Parish
- Woodstock Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodstock Parish
- Woodstock Parish lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the south of Ashland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woodstock Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodstock Parish
- Northampton Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northampton Parish
- Northampton Parish lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Ashland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Northampton Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northampton Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Florenceville
- Florenceville lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Ashland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Florenceville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Florenceville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Florenceville<4>
- Monticello [Aroostook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monticello
- Monticello [Aroostook County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Ashland
- Population from the 2020 Census: 734 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Monticello have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monticello
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Monticello<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bristol
- Bristol lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Ashland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bristol came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bristol
- Bridgewater [Aroostook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridgewater
- Bridgewater [Aroostook County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the west of Ashland
- Population from the 2020 Census: 560 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bridgewater have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridgewater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bridgewater<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centreville
- Centreville lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Ashland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Centreville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centreville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ashland ...
Looking for more information about Ashland? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Ashland, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Ashland.
Adding Ashland to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Ashland was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Ashland on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of New Brunswick
About New Brunswick
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of New Brunswick: https://www.gnb.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Ashland and then turned east". While Ashland could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Ashland as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Ashland could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Ashland, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ashland). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ashland or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ashland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ashland. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AshlandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ashland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.3545, Longitude: -67.4554 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|