Our Genealogy Helper for Armstrong's Corner ...
So far, we have found very little information about Armstrong's Corner. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Armstrong's Corner to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Armstrong's Corner, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Armstrong's Corner (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Armstrong's Corner. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Armstrong's Corner:
- Websites specific to New Brunswick
- Cemetery Information and Directories for New Brunswick
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New Brunswick
Cemeteries Near Armstrong's Corner ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Armstrong's Corner.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Armstrong's Corner covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Brown's Flats Baptist Cemetery
- Wesley United Church Cemetery
- Oak Point Anglican Cemetery
- St. Augustine's Catholic Cemetery
- Upper Hampstead Baptist Cemetery
- Rothesay United Baptist Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Chapman Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chapman Cemetery
- Chapman Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northeast of Armstrong's Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chapman Cemetery
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cemetery
- Shannon Cemetery
- Belyea's Cove Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Belyea's Cove Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Belyea's Cove Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Belyea's Cove Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Armstrong's Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belyea's Cove Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2327741<3>
- Grace United Church / Old Methodist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grace United Church / Old Methodist Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Grace United Church / Old Methodist Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- The Grace United Church / Old Methodist Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Gagetown.To be precise, Grace United Church / Old Methodist Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Armstrong's Corner.
- Grace United Church / Old Methodist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Grace United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grace United Church / Old Methodist Cemetery
- Morrow Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Morrow Cemetery
- The Morrow Cemetery is located in the vicinity of French LakeStated another way, Morrow Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Armstrong's Corner.
- Morrow Cemetery has also been known as:
- French Lake Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morrow Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2481289<3>
- Tracy Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Cemetery
- United Church / Old Wesleyan Methodist Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Armstrong's Corner. See our List of 1890's Communities around Armstrong's Corner.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Armstrong's Corner ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Armstrong's Corner.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Rand McNally Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897)
Published by Rand McNally & Co.
for Armstrong's Corner. See our Misc Page for Armstrong's Corner for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in New Brunswick
About New Brunswick
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of New Brunswick: https://www.gnb.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Armstrong's Corner, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Armstrong's Corner) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Armstrong's Corner. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Armstrong's CornerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Armstrong's Corner. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.5401, Longitude: -66.3173 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|