Around West Yellowstone ...
West Yellowstone is the largest city within a 50 mile [80 km] radius.
The next largest community is Island Park (ID).
It is located about 14 miles [ km] to the southwest of West Yellowstone
For comparison, West Yellowstone has a population of 1,400 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from West Yellowstone.<2>
- Box Canyon [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Box Canyon
- Box Canyon [Fremont County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southwest of West Yellowstone
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Box Canyon
- Island Park [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Island Park
- Island Park [Fremont County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southwest of West Yellowstone
- Population from the 2020 Census: 260 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Island Park have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Island Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Island Park<4>
- Macks Inn [Fremont County]
- Warm River [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warm River
- Warm River [Fremont County] lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the south of West Yellowstone
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warm River
- Gardiner [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gardiner
- Gardiner [Park County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the northeast of West Yellowstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gardiner have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gardiner
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gardiner<4>
- Canyon Village [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyon Village
- Canyon Village [Park County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the east of West Yellowstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Canyon Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Village
- Mammoth [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mammoth
- Mammoth [Park County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northeast of West Yellowstone
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mammoth
For more communities neighboring West Yellowstone, please visit our County-by-County Page for West Yellowstone.
Gallatin County ...
West Yellowstone is located in Gallatin County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Gallatin County: Fremont (ID), Broadwater, Jefferson, Madison, Meagher, Park, Park (WY) & Teton (WY).
Curious and Interesting Names Near West Yellowstone ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for West Yellowstone.
Airports Near West Yellowstone ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to West Yellowstone and that information can be found on the Airports Page for West Yellowstone.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for West Yellowstone ...
Looking for more information about West Yellowstone? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for West Yellowstone. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for West Yellowstone, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for West Yellowstone.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Montana
About Gallatin County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for West Yellowstone. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gallatin County: www.co.gallatin.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for West Yellowstone.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- West Yellowstone) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for West Yellowstone. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from West YellowstoneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in West Yellowstone. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.6633, Longitude: -111.1059 In this case, the coordinates for West Yellowstone have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Gallatin, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to West Yellowstone), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|