Census Data for Vida ...
As far as we can tell, Vida has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Vida, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Wolf Point [Roosevelt County]
- Poplar [Roosevelt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar
- Poplar [Roosevelt County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northeast of Vida
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Poplar<2>
- Richey [Dawson County]
- Circle [McCone County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Circle
- Circle [McCone County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Vida
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Circle have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Circle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Circle<2>
- Brockton [Roosevelt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brockton
- Brockton [Roosevelt County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Vida
- The population in 2018 was estimated at 234 people. This represents a 8.24% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 255 people.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brockton have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brockton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brockton<2>
McCone County ...
Vida is located in McCone County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for McCone County.
Miscellaneous Information for Vida ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either McCone County or the community of Vida:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Vida:
- GNIS ID for Vida: 778024
- GNIS ID for McCone County: 1716270
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 30 (Montana)
- County Code: 055 (McCone County)
- Place Code: 76975 (Vida)
- State & County Code: 30/055 (Montana / McCone County)
- State & Place Code: 30/76975 (Montana / Vida)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Vida is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Vida, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Vida. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Vida:59274<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Vida.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Montana
About McCone County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Vida. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Vida) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Vida. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from VidaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Vida. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.8336, Longitude: -105.4914 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including McCone, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Vida or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|