Welcome to Seventynine ...
So far, we have found very little information about Seventynine. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Seventynine to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Seventynine, please Contact Us.
Seventynine would have been located within present day Golden Valley County<2>.
The location of Seventynine has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Seventynine is 3,820 feet [1,164 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Seventynine is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Seventynine was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Seventynine once stood is in the (406) area code.
Communities near Seventynine ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Seventynine.
- Ryegate [Golden Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ryegate
- Ryegate [Golden Valley County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the north of Seventynine
- Population from the 2020 Census: 235 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ryegate have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ryegate
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ryegate<6>
- Lavina [Golden Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavina
- Lavina [Golden Valley County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the northeast of Seventynine
- Population from the 2020 Census: 168 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lavina have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavina
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lavina<6>
- Rapelje [Stillwater County]
- Shawmut [Wheatland County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Broadview [Yellowstone County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broadview
- Broadview [Yellowstone County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the east of Seventynine
- Population from the 2020 Census: 182 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broadview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Broadview<6>
- Hedgesville [Wheatland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hedgesville
- Hedgesville [Wheatland County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the northwest of Seventynine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hedgesville
- Comanche [Yellowstone County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comanche
- Comanche [Yellowstone County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the east of Seventynine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Comanche
- Molt [Stillwater County]
- Sourdough [Sweet Grass County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sourdough
- Sourdough [Sweet Grass County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the southwest of Seventynine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sourdough
- Melville [Sweet Grass County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Seventynine. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Seventynine.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Seventynine. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Seventynine.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Seventynine. See our Newspapers Page for Seventynine.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Golden Valley County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Seventynine, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Golden Valley, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Seventynine - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Seventynine) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Seventynine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1486, Longitude: -109.2905 In this case, the coordinates for Seventynine have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|