Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Saint Phillip, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Saint Phillip and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Saint Phillip:
- 46.831679, -104.145489
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Saint Phillip
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Saint Phillip ...
We have found one communities that share the name Saint Phillip.
Within Montana, the name Saint Phillip is unique.
Beyond Montana, there is another community also named Saint Phillip in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- North Carolina
- Brunswick County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the North Carolina community of Saint Phillip [Brunswick County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Phillip ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Alpha [Golden Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alpha
- Alpha [Golden Valley County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Saint Phillip
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alpha have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alpha
- Cabin Creek [Fallon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cabin Creek
- Cabin Creek [Fallon County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Saint Phillip
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cabin Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cabin Creek
- Curry [Dawson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Curry
- Curry [Dawson County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Phillip
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Curry have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Curry
- Mildred [Prairie County]
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Rider [Golden Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rider
- Rider [Golden Valley County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Saint Phillip
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rider have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rider
- Sentinel Butte [Golden Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sentinel Butte
- Sentinel Butte [Golden Valley County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Saint Phillip
- Population from the 2020 Census: 62 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sentinel Butte have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sentinel Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sentinel Butte<4>
- Three V Crossing [Slope County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three V Crossing
- Three V Crossing [Slope County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Saint Phillip
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three V Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three V Crossing
How Far From Saint Phillip to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Saint Phillip to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Phillip and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Wibaux, which is the Seat of Wibaux County and lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north. If you could walk a straight line from Saint Phillip to Wibaux, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take a little over three hours.
- Helena, which is the State Capital of Montana, lies 373 miles [600.3 km] to the west (W). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take 6 hours, a buggy would take 15 days and walking would take 22 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,468 miles [2,362.5 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 84 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,441 miles [10,365.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,208 miles [11,600.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,177 miles [8,331.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Montana
About Wibaux County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Phillip. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Saint Phillip could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Phillip) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Phillip. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.8317, Longitude: -104.1455 In this case, the coordinates for Saint Phillip have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Phillip to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.334 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.576 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.445 degrees.||